Friday, November 9, 2012

Products I love: Foundation Edition

So I will be sharing a few items that I cannot live without! And this is one of them! Everyone wants a flawless face right? Well this will certainly help you achieve that! First, let me tell you a little about my skin and its history. My skin tends to be more on the oilier side but still has its moments of dryness. I have ALWAYS been acne prone (ugh!). I've tried about most acne medications and was on Accutane twice! For those of you who are lucky enough to not know what Accutane is, it is one of the strongest acne medications out there. In fact it is so strong you are required to get monthly blood tests to make sure it does not mess with your system! It also causes SEVERE dryness! That's when I fell in love with my favorite chapstick, more on that in a later post. So anyways, now that I am 27 you would think that I am acne free, but I still have my moments of breakouts. However, most people are really fooled by my makeup products and techniques to think that my face is somewhat blemish free. However, if you were to see me without my makeup on, boy would you be shocked!

The foundation that I wear on a daily basis is the Make Up For Ever HD Invisible Cover Foundation. It comes in about 25 different shades with different undertones to best match your skin tone. Now don't get me wrong, I love many foundations, but this is just one of my top picks as of now. I actually use this base on my clients when they opt out of the airbrush foundation.

Make Up For Ever is such a great line, I urge you to play around with all the products! It was founded in 1984 by artist and sculptor Dany Sanz. Always having an eye for color, she made a smooth transition from sculptor to makeup artist. Make Up For Ever really made it big with their HD Complexion line, because it gives a full coverage while still looking natural and not caky.



Here's why I love it:

  • It's oil-free!! And doesn't everyone look for an oil-free base?
  • 25 shades
  • medium to full coverage




Here's how I wear it:

I use this and stipple the base on until my whole face is completely covered and blended into my neck. Since I tend to get oily I dust some powder over to take away some of the shininess and also to give a little more coverage.

Stay tuned for some more tips and techniques on applying base! I will also share my morning routine with you soon!!



No comments:

Post a Comment